Friday, April 26, 2013

Amy is Up at Bat!


A week or so ago, I asked a question on my blog:  Which blog is on your list of must-reads?
People picked Amy.  Here are her answers to some of the more pressing questions of our time.


1.  What do you think of heated floors?

Heated floors sound wonderfully indulgent.  Alas, in a house that is over 100 years old, one in which I can't both blow dry my hair and have any lights on without blowing a fuse, heated floors are not in the foreseeable future.  So, unless my house starts on fire, my floors will remain unheated.

2.  How about gas cooktops?

I've never cooked on any other kind of a stove other than a gas cook top.  I especially love it when I have to light a match.  I must be the only person in the world unable to light a match from a matchbook.  If I had an electric stove, I'd have to forgo lighting candles.

3.  Who was your favorite Spice Girl?

Posh Spice but only because she nabbed David Beckham.


4.  What song on your iPod (or in your album/CD collection) do you feel best represents who you are at this point in your life? 

"Don't Ask Me Why" by Billy Joel.  I have a 4 year old...'nuff said :)


5.   If you are out cruising around town at midnight, are you more likely to hit the drive-thru at Wendy’s or Taco Bell? 

If ever I am lucky enough to be awake past 10pm and I find myself cruising around, I usually have a hankering for a cheeseburger.  I've found, the best burgers, are McDonald's (sorry Wendy's).  I'd happily order a double cheeseburger and a side of fries.

6.  Have you ever played with electricity?

Does static electricity count?


I am not brave enough to fool around with electricity.  Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have a dad that is truly the jack of all trades.  When it comes to anything electric, I bat my eyes and sweetly ask my dad for help.

7.  Where is one place you have visited that you will definitely try to return to? (Or, if I’m using my English teacher grammar, to which you would like to return?) 

I would return to Tahiti in a heartbeat.  The world slows down there.  You have no choice but to enjoy life, sip tropical drinks and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.


Of course, there are so many places I haven't been, chances are Bora Bora will remain at the bottom of the list.  I am desperate to get to either Paris or London next.  And, don't let 'next' fool you, my last real vacation was over 6 years ago.  Next could be 20 years from now.

8.  Seafoam or chartreuse?

Chartreuse hands down.


9.  Your HONEST opinion regarding burlap is…?

I'm more of a felt kind of a girl.

 
10.  One blogger you love to read is---

This is like asking you pick your favorite child.  Of course, I only have one child so that's a bit easier.

There are so many talented, amazing women, who blog, that I now consider friends, picking just one is nearly impossible.

(Kirby here) Thanks, Amy, for indulging me and letting me feature you at Women Who Blog.  And have fun with your felt (in an appropriate way, of course).

32 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Tahiti, maybe if Amy goes back she can take me. Cute interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy is the best and I am looking forward to meeting her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the questions. Enjoyed the answers. You guys are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Kirby for sharing part of your inspiring and funny bit of cyberspace with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Amy! Wanna grab a lunch date at McDonald's when you finally decide to vacation in Maryland and visit me? ;) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider this a legally binding agreement. I'm packing my bags.

      Delete
  6. Love this! Amy is one of my favorite bloggers!! Thanks for featuring her :)
    Elena
    acasarella.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elena. You know, the feeling is completely mutual.

      Delete
  7. Amy is one of my most favourite bloggers ever! And to admit that she eats McDonald's cheeseburgers - I heart her even more.

    A gas stove? I'm envious. I've always had coil or ceramic cooktop. Not the same, I'm told.

    Well done, Amy! :) You're rad-a-riffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had anyone envy my gas stove before. Thanks Tara!

      Delete
  8. I love Amy, she's one of my faves! Can I tell you though I have a heated floor and use it as little as possible the damn thing costs a fortune to run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do have a mansion, don't you Mel? Heated floors, I'm jealous.

      Delete
  9. Amy... have you ever had In-n-Out burger at midnight? That sounds bad, to those that don't know it's a real place.

    Amy is THE bomb!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to send Amy directions to her nearest In n Out, even if it several states away.

      Delete
    2. Believe me, my first choice would be In n Out but I'm in Illinois. I like mine animal style :)

      Delete
  10. "Don't Ask Me Why"....love it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice questions and answers ladies! Thanks for a great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too fun! I can't wait for the next installment. What a fun blogger. How did she get a picture of me with my hair flying everywhere! I tried hairpspray, it just doesn't hold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun, fun, fun, Kirbs -- leave it to you to appease all the inquiring minds in the blogosphere!
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interview! I am so struck by the depth of the questions! I am going to begin a dissertation on burlap and this is invaluable stuff! (snort)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love this interview Kirby! Amy is so awesome ... and this is such a fabulous idea!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ack! Word Verification!!!! Haven't run across one in ages ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once I read B's comment I wanted to get in the car and drive to Dallas for an In-N-Out burger. Whenever we go to California, we pig out like crazy! Yum. I wish they'd come here.
    However, I do have a McDonald's thing, like Amy. Her little static electricity girl is too cute for words. Fun interview, Kirbs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Obviously great minds think alike because my first thought about indulging in a late night snack was In 'n' Out. There is nothing like an In 'n' Out burger. They started in my home town, about the time I was born, so when McDonald's hit town everyone was in shock that people would actually go to McDonald's - no comparison.

    And thanks for making me feel better about not having any burlap in my house - been there, done that - 42 years ago when we got married. It was all I could afford for living room curtains.

    ReplyDelete